Saturday, October 17, 2015

Embodying Fall

Peace to all,

My colleague's statement summed up this look perfectly: "You look like fall!"  I totally agreed, and I enthusiastically let her know that.

Here's what I wore:


Sweater from H&M, corduroy pants are Gap 1969, brown leather boots are Matisse via DSW, and the tweed blazer is from Target.  Plus my go-to leather backpack from Madewell.




I love the mix of a neon red-orange over a burgundy-that-sometimes-looks-like-a-dark plum, but with the brown boots, I was feeling very deep-in-the middle-of-winter-ish.  So that's where my collar necklace came in and the true highlight of this look, my bright purple lipstick.  The blazer added a nice touch of this is most certainly fall to the look.


I absolutely love, love this lipstick.  Seriously, I am on my third tube of Heroine by M.A.C.  This collar necklace was handmade by my favorite local designer, A Jypsy's Junk . I almost forgot about this broach-- it's a front with rhinestone eyes from J.Crew.  I love throwing it on random blazers and sweaters that can withstand the pinhole.  A fun, funky touch.

As for the glasses, they are Warby Parker.  I just got my latest home try-on kit, so look for a new post and a new pair of glasses or two very soon!


A close up of the melody of colors and textures, plus this bangle that was my Argentine friend's grandmother's.  I've had it for ten plus years, but my guess is that it's from the 1960s?

Something I continue to learn in life is that everything is cyclical.  Things come and go.  I once wore large bangles only, and then I stopped for years, but kept my favorites.  And now, I'm digging into them again.  Similarly,  I'm in the midst of a severe growth period, emotionally and spiritually.  In my early 20s, I experienced something similar that I thought was it by the time I was through.  Ha!  Life is about ups and downs and experiences that help us grow and ideally be the best we can be.

I digress.  Below are some snapshots from a happy,happy hour at The Winslow in Gramercy.



Bees Knees cocktail complete with bee pollen and honey.  Must be healthful!


The best fries I've had in a long time, served with an aioli sauce so good that we requested a second serving of it, and pretty-good wings in two flavors-- Thai and Buffalo.

Check out my Instagram for more snapshots of tasty eats, as well as other lifestyle bits, and my Yelp page for reviews.


Until next time,
<3
M

Today's affirmation: I am exactly where I need to be.

16 comments:

  1. Superbly written article, if only all bloggers offered the same content as you, the internet would be a far better place.. Buy 5 Star Yelp Reviews

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Having additional heads who consider you as an important brand is what gives you the right. While doing this, it is important to note that the end of your marketing plan cannot be determined the followers’ startup, since the more you buy followers, the additional boost you give to your twitter accounts and business.Online Twitter Followers Supplier

    ReplyDelete
  4. Twitter is no outsider to this achievement as it has controlled close to its competitor Facebook. YouTube follows up close toward these 2 social media hulks, and Instagram right through it. Twitter followers has converted extremely significant and is now perceived as a sign of power or popularity. These two issues have prepared Twitter a domestic named brand as well as powerful net platform. Online Twitter Followers Supplier

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are not new to the business. we’ve been dealing in business since we had a business. Several brands and business boost their rating via services like Get Google Reviews.Buy Google Reviews Cheap

    ReplyDelete
  6. Over 90% of contributors claimed that online positive reviews influenced their purchasing decision, and 85% said their decision was influenced by minus reviews.Buy Google Reviews

    ReplyDelete
  7. Google reviews can either be positive or negative for your business, stores, office, restaurant, service or requirements. Google is the largest search engine, as well as the most efficient advertisement website.Buy 5 star Google Reviews

    ReplyDelete
  8. Google allows users to write reviews directly on the business’s Google or Google map listing. Since Google reviews are obviously favored by the search engine and show up upon every relevant result, the best place to start a business firm is getting involved with Buy Google Reviews USA

    ReplyDelete
  9. We would like to present you to SoundCloud Viral wherever we do as the name suggests – make you viral on Sound Cloud.Buy SoundCloud Plays Promotion

    ReplyDelete
  10. After buying the plays, your song will be played frequently, and the more you listen to it will be the more you will be motivated to make some more tracks. Buy USA SoundCloud Plays

    ReplyDelete
  11. Delivery time is ten hours before you know it your work is online waiting for likes and followers. There is nothing like wasting time unlike other social media. Buy Real Google Reviews

    ReplyDelete
  12. Mangocity IT Superbly written article, if only all bloggers offered the same content as you, the internet would be a far better place.. Buy 5 Star Yelp Reviews

    ReplyDelete
  13. Top Promoter This is really a nice and informative, containing all information and also has a great impact on the new technology. Check it out here: Linkedin Promotion

    ReplyDelete
  14. I read that Post and got it fine and enlightening. If you don't mind share more like that... Buy Twitter Followers

    ReplyDelete


  15. Buy Soundcloud Service

    This is my first time i visit here. I discovered such a large number of fascinating stuff in your online journal particularly its dialog. From the huge amounts of remarks on your articles, I figure I am by all account not the only one having all the satisfaction here! keep doing awesome purchase google reviews

    ReplyDelete