Thursday, October 25, 2012

I Refuse

Today a student hit me with a pencil. I calmly addressed the situation and walked out of the classroom with the intent to make a phone call. But then I was reminded that I need to write it up. The situation warranted more than a phone call to mom.

I know this kid is acting out because there is something going on, but he won't say. He won't say to me or anyone else from what I hear. But that still does not allow him to disrespect my person. As I told him, I'll say here: I do not come to school to be hit with pencils. Or anything else for that matter.

I know of teachers being hit and physically assaulted. I refuse. I do not accept that idea with any ounce of my being. Unless you are mentally incapable of doing better, I expect that boundary to be respected.

More about that later.

Love,
Miss M

No comments:

Post a Comment